Thursday, June 3, 2010

Look

I love the scriptures. I love the way they feel, the way they smell, the way they teach and the way they make me feel the Spirit. I love the complexity of Isaiah, and the plainness of Nephi.

Today as I was flipping through my scriptures I came across the Book of Moses, chapter 1. I love reading about God's interactions with His children. He spoke with Moses, face to face - how would that be? First he clarified who He is (like there was a chance Moses couldn't have known!), then he makes sure Moses understands their relationship: "thou art my son." What a loving Father!

Then He says something that struck me tonight. Immediately after establishing their Father/son relationship, God says to Moses, "look, and I will show thee..." He doesn't put it all out there for Moses. He requires something of him first: Look. Then, if he looks, he will see something wonderful.

I know that Heavenly Father has things to show each of us, marvelous things, if we but look when He asks. It almost sounds too easy, doesnt' it? Well, that's what the Israelites thought when they were told to look at the serpent and they will be healed. Many didn't because it was too easy.

I wonder how many times in my life my Father has has something to show me, and he has gently, through the Spirit, said, "Michelle, look." How often did I look? How often did I not? I don't know. But what I do know is that I have a renewed determination to look; look to Him, look for the inspiration through the Spirit, look for the beauty in life- just look. I am eager to see what other marvelous things He has to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Gospel Simplicity